Background

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cancer Awareness

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month (along with prostate, ovarian, leukemia and others). I have ordered my childhood cancer awareness "stuff" (bracelet, magnet, pins, etc.) to remember this month. I also thought I would post some statistics about childhood cancer.

Did you know:

Every day in 2011, over 30 children will be diagnosed with cancer in the U.S.?

In total, childhood cancer represents less than 1% of all new cancer diagnoses?

110 children die every month from cancer, making just over 3 children a day?

Childhood cancer is the 2nd leading cause of death in children, after accidents?


For this month (and every month, but especially this month): I will continue to be grateful for my baby boy; I will continue to thank my Heavenly Father for Aiden's health and remission and no radiation for the time being; I will say a prayer for the families of the children who lose their lives every day to cancer, and also thank Him Aiden is not one of them; I will hold Aiden a little tighter and try not to be impatient when he whines; I will donate blankets to programs who supply them to children in the hospital being treated for cancer; I will not take for granted the little moments that make life so sweet, as well as the moments that are difficult--because it could be worse!!!

Is there something you can do for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month?

No comments:

Post a Comment