Background

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pneumonia

Ahhhh.... I think back sometimes to when life was simple (well, somewhat...) and try to remember what I must have done with myself! Do you ever think, Man, I had it so much easier then... What was I whining about???

Last weekend we went camping in the Graham Mountains with Austyn's family. Saturday night Aiden had a hard time breathing and a nasty cough and we decided we had better take him in to the hospital. So, down the hill we went (1 1/2 hours down, might I add) to Safford to the Mount Graham Regional Medical Center Emergency Room. After chest x-rays and breathing treatments, it was determined Aiden has pneumonia. Yuck.

I took him to his primary care Dr. yesterday, and they gave him another breathing treatment because the cough is really bad still. And, if it doesn't get better by Friday, we have to go back in for steroid treatments. The problem with that is, as they explained to me, the steroids will lower his immune system which is not what they want when it comes to people with cancer whose bodies need all the immunity they can get to fight off bad cancer cells.

So, I know this doesn't have anything really to do with Aiden's cancer, but it is somewhat affected by it. I didn't realize that literally everything would be affected by this. It is amazing how that happens.... So, if you see me pulling out my hair, you know why. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment